Saturday, December 12, 2015

Fort Street Cafe

1152 Fort Street Mall, Honolulu, Hawaii

 

Foodelicious


A short one today...

 

Fort Street Cafe is one of my absolute favorite places to get my version of comfort food in Hawaii. This place has been around for a long time. It brings back a lot of memories because I frequented it a lot during my college days. 

It's located in Downtown Honolulu on Fort Street Mall, almost in the middle of a row of restaurants/eating places. Besides the little hole-in-the-wall Korean sushi place next door, it's been here longest. During lunch time, there's a line out the door since it's a favorite of not just HPU (Hawaii Pacific University) students but the office workers downtown.  


Today, I ordered the Pad Thai, which is a favorite of many, with Panang Curry. Most will tell you to order it with the Garlic Chicken, which I highly recommend, but today, I felt like a curry. I also ordered a Thai Iced Tea. 

There is not much seating inside so my co-worker and I grabbed a table outside. It's much more spacious anyway especially if you don't like the line of customers standing next to your table while you enjoy your meal. 

 

They do give you quite a large portion here so there's usually enough for a leftover. The pad thai and the curry are both delicious. I don't normally like mixing my pad thai with curry but here I do. 

 

Besides the pad thai, garlic chicken and curry, I recommend trying the lemongrass chicken (I ate lots of this during my college days), fried rice for breakfast, pho on a cold day, tofu with eggplant if you are looking for a vegetarian option, and the spam if you just need a quick snack. I don't have pictures for them but will make sure to share another blog post when I visit again.  

Food                                4.5
Customer Service         5.0
Ambiance                       2.5
Decor/Details                1.0
Parking                           0.5

1 comment:

  1. This café looks great to spend quality time with friends and family. I liked their Thai cuisines. I have been to various Chicago venues that offer yummy international cuisines but have never been to something like this. Will be visiting there soon!

    ReplyDelete